Ravage Search

Ravage Ritual embrace the interweb

Monday, May 9, 2011

My basil plants are only sprouts but...

I've initiated the best movement I can think of to have going in the background of my main project...
Unfortunately my little plants are hardly sprouts...They started as little seeds in a small packet in the discounted isle at target. I saw these little gems and decided I must have a few different types of herbs around the house...so I decided to start with cilantro and basil.

This is my tiny attempt to grow some plants...Currently I have 1 10 watt compact florescent light...
The single light seems to be doing the trick. I had problems with the basil plants I initially put in the pots they came in from the store. I later realized the seeds themselves need to be wet and warm for a while before they will even sprout. so I had to add some thick soil to cover the top in order to keep the sun for drying the seeds out.

No comments:

Post a Comment