Ravage Search

Ravage Ritual embrace the interweb

Friday, February 11, 2011

It is time to begin learning about C++ as a first language...

Okay so I had to do some searching of the interwebs to begin to figure out what exactly I am going to be learning and I think I found some good information....

Apparently C is a language used to develop the Unix operating system...it is a powerful language that can be used to create small programs or large complex applications.
For my use I will need a few small programs within my game ...the idea of having stock in a region of the world or a particular commodity will defiantly take a large amount of scripting...however it seems C++ is a good language to start with...


First things first I need to get a compiler...a small program that will take all the script chicken scratch and make it into an executable file....aka a program of one sort or another. Hopefully after I get some general training with this language everything will begin to fall into place and I will know exactly what I need from the followers of the ritual. I found a decent compiler called Code::Blocks. It should be useful to a noob like me...

This is where I can make my decision to become an independent game developer or I can live my life stuck in a hot kitchen....or even worse behind a desk staring at a computer screen completing data cleansing. That would be boring...
Step 1 is to get this compiler downloaded and installed...then I can proceed to more pressing matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment